You have questions, we have answers:
The Winter Pineapple Classic staff is available to help you in any way that we can. Email us at PineappleClassicWAS@lls.org to make arrangements!
1. Have coffee with the Winter Pineapple Classic staff! We're here to help and have lots of ideas to share. Coffee meetings generally last anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. The staff will provide ideas and help to develop a fundraising plan of action. It's also a great opportunity to get all of your questions answered. Email Winter Pineapple Classic Seattle to set up a meeting.
2. Matching Gifts: See whether your employer participates in our Matching Gift Program. Matching gifts can double (or even triple) the original donation amount. Make sure all of your donors are aware of our matching gift program and ask them to participate. Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for matching gift funds to take 2-3 months to reach our LLS office. We cannot credit fundraising efforts until we have received the money as sent by your company and/or the matching gift company they use.
3. Online Fundraising Page: Be sure to edit your page. Upload a picture of your team or a picture of the person you are participating for and personalize the text on your page to explain why you are participating. Once you've personalized your page, send the link to all of your friends and family members.
4. Post on Social Media: You will be surprised at how many people want to help. Create a personal message explaining why are you participating and include a link to your personal fundraising page and a photo that relates to your experience. Consider sharing the Winter Pineapple Classic video on your post so your potential donors can learn about the event - they may even join your team! Dont be afraid to post often.
5. Fundraising Party: You can find lots of ideas here. Anything can be turned into a fundraising party, so be creative! Previous Winter Pineapple Classic parties have included Trivia Nights, Bowling Tournament, Pub Crawl, Bar Nights & Miniature Golf. The sky is the limit!
6. Want More Ideas? Check out the Winter Pineapple Classic Participant Packet and utilize the paper pledge form to keep track of your offline donations!
Can I conduct a raffle to raise money for LLS?
Probably not. Only if you are a member of a non-profit or membership organization that holds a valid raffle license in Washington or Alaska, may legally conduct a raffle for LLS. The Washington / Alaska Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society chooses not to hold a raffle/gaming license because of the significant administrative burden, high cost and personal liability it places on LLS and its staff.
It is important to know the raffle and gaming laws in the state in which you reside. As a volunteer raising funds for LLS you are bound by those laws when holding a raffle of any kind, including knowing the types of prizes that are lawfully allowed.
Participants past and present, as well as sponsors, patient honorees, volunteers and staff have worked incredibly hard over the years to build Pineapple into a world-class fundraising event. We know that you are working extremely hard in helping us meet our fundraising goals and for that we are grateful. Like you, we want to protect the stellar reputation of Winter Pineapple Classic for years to come.