The Winter Pineapple Classic
About the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Our mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Since 1949, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. LLS is the world's largest voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
Our Investment Locally and Nationally:
Because of the continued support of you and our partners and sponsors:
- LLS currently $2.4 million in local research projects at Fred Hutch
- Over $20 million has been invested in Washington State research in the past 15 years
- LLS provided $940,871 in local financial support to 343 patients across Washington and Alaska in FY 17
- Sponsor scientific conferences around the country andproduce educational materials and videos
- LLS has advanced laws in 43 states and Washington DC
- Run dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide
- LLS helped pass the 21st Century Cures Act into law, ensuring reform that will enable the FDA to speed the review and approval of new therapies
More Financial Information: