About the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Our mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Since 1949, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has been dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. LLS is the world's largest voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
Our Investment Locally and Nationally:
Because of the continued support of you and our partners and sponsors:
· LLS currently funds 4 active research projects in Washington State for a total of $2.4 million in local research support
· More than $20 million has been invested in Washington State cancer research projects in the past 15 years
· LLS provided $940,000 in direct financial support to 343 patients across Washington and Alaska last year
· LLS has advanced laws in 43 states and Washington DC
· LLS runs dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide
· LLS helped pass the 21st Century Cures Act into law, ensuring reform that will enable the FDA to speed the review and approval of new therapies
· LLS was involved in 15 of 18 new drugs approved for blood cancers by the FDA in 2017
More Financial Information: